The Four Nations

78 years have passed since Avatar Korra saved Republic City. With a new villain arising what will happen?

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Lei Tea Shop

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Balisugar

PostSubject: The Lei Tea Shop   Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:33 pm

Amaya Lei gracefully wove her way through the small groups of customers that were littered throughout the room. She managed to avoid stepping on anyone as she crossed the space. This was just a regular day in herfamily's tea shop after all; she'd had a lot of practice. Amaya finally came to a halt at one of the tables. She gently set the plates down in front of the two customers and smiled at them politely before turning and making her way back to the end of the shop. Now she had time for herself. All of the customers had what they had desired in front of them, and Amaya had what she desired. Peace. She brushed a couple of strands of her dark hair out of her eyes and looked around the shop carefully. But, after analysing all he inhabitants, she decided that nothing else needed to be done. Amaya leant elegantly against a counter and waited for something else to happen.

View user profile
pinkgirl77

PostSubject: Re: The Lei Tea Shop   Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:31 pm

Adrina Vanessa Roberts
Fire Bender
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=53238701

Adrina didn't live in Earth Nation, but she decided to try the best tea here. When she walked in she saw that the shop was full. She went to the counter and saw no one there. She leaned in and looked from left to right. Then she saw a girl. "Hi, um excuse me. I'd like to order something. I heard this the best place to get tea. I would like to try some. Unless your busy, I could come back later." She said in a soft voice and pointed to the door. "I'm Adrina." She said in a low, soft voice. She smiled. Adrina knew that somehow she was going to become friends with this girl. She didn't know how she could just tell. Adrina never minded making new friends.

Somewhere over the Rainbow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balisugar

PostSubject: Re: The Lei Tea Shop   Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:45 pm

Amaya looked up as another person entered the shop. She looked to be roughly Amaya's age, maybe a bit younger. "Oh no, I can serve you now." Amaya answered. She stepped away from the counter so she wouldn't be tempted to lean on it and smiled at the girl. "Nice to meet you Adrina. My name is Amaya. What sort of tea would you like?" Amaya gestured to the list of teas that stood next to Adrina. It was quite a long list. For some reason Amaya's mother was very good with tea. It was a bit strange since she didn't really drink that much of it when the family was at home.

View user profile
pinkgirl77

PostSubject: Re: The Lei Tea Shop   Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:03 pm

Adrina Vanessa Roberts
Fire Bender

She smiled when the girl said she could serve her now. When she said she was going to come back if she was busy she wouldn't She always had a bad memory and forgot everything. "Hi Amaya." She said. She looked at the list of teas. She had never tried tea, but today was going to be that day. "Wow. You have a lot of teas." Adrina said. She couldn't decide which one she was going to drink. "Would you mind surprising me? I've never tried tea and this is my first time." Adrina said.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balisugar

PostSubject: Re: The Lei Tea Shop   Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:11 pm

Amaya's eyebrows lifted slightly in surprise. What kind of person had never had tea before? "One moment then." Amaya disappeared into the back of the shop, the kitchen. Her mother was busy making little cakes so Amaya decided to make the tea herself. You didn't own a family tea shop without knowing how to make it after all. She examined the ingredients closest to the tea pot. She could either use ginger root, jasmine or white dragon. As soon as she saw the white dragon Amaya's face broke into a smile. Even if you were terrible at making tea this plant still tasted delicious. She should probably use that. It was more exciting then ginger root and jasmine anyway. A few minutes later Amaya re-entered the main shop, carrying a pot of tea and a cup. She set the cup down in front of Adrina and poured some of the tea into it. "This is our famed white dragon tea." she explained, pushing the cup towards Adrina.

View user profile
pinkgirl77

PostSubject: Re: The Lei Tea Shop   Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:40 pm

Adrina Vanessa Roberts
Fire Bender

Adrina looked from the cup to Amaya. She took the cup in her hands and drank a small sip. When she put the cup down there was a smile on her face. "That was really good. Let me get coins to pay for the cup of tea." She said. She put her hand in her pocket to get the money when she noticed something. She felt around in her pocket. There was no coins there. She remembered putting coins in her pocket. "I just realized that someone must of stole my coins. I remember putting coins in my pocket though." She said to Amaya. "Instead of paying for the tea in coins maybe I could do a something for you. I own a small clothing shop in Republic City and if you come there I'll give you what ever you want for free." She said.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balisugar

PostSubject: Re: The Lei Tea Shop   Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:54 am

Amaya raised her eyebrows coolly. If there was one thing she hated it was people who didn't pay. It had happened a couple of times. They'd 'left their money at home' or something along those lines. The Lei family had let those people go and get their money, and they'd never returned. As nice as Adrina seemed Amaya couldn't let her get away with this. "I'm sorry Adrina, it would take to long to get to the Republic City and I have no love for the place. If you cannot pay then I'm afraid I will have to collect the authorities." she said coolly, crossing her arms.

View user profile
pinkgirl77

PostSubject: Re: The Lei Tea Shop   Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:12 am

Adrina Vanessa Roberts
Fire Bender

"What? No! Please. I'll do anything. I'll work here or I'll buy you lunch and dinner. Something! Please don't call the authorities." She said. When Adrina said someone stole her coins, she wasn't faking. The tea was good, but she would never lie to get something for free. She was most loyal person you have ever met. People had always told her that, so she wanted to stay like that and not lie.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balisugar

PostSubject: Re: The Lei Tea Shop   Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:17 pm

"How would you buy me lunch and dinner if someone stole your coins?" Amaya asked smartly. Adrina seemed to be getting a bit tangled up in her lies. Amaya crossed her arms tighter and waited for the girl's reply. She really hated people who didn't pay. It was so unfair to her and her family. They'd worked hard to bring them food and tea, and they just shoved that right back into their faces.

View user profile
pinkgirl77

PostSubject: Re: The Lei Tea Shop   Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:57 pm

Adrina Vanessa Roberts
Fire Bender

"I didn't say they stole all my coins. I still have some at my apartment. Well, I can go home get some coins and quickly come back. Or you can come to my apartment and then cook you lunch and dinner." She said. She just knew that neither of those ideas were going to work. But it wouldn't hurt to try. Amaya did seem like a nice girl, but if it weren't for Adrina not watching who stole her cons she wouldn't have gotten herself in this mess.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balisugar

PostSubject: Re: The Lei Tea Shop   Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:49 am

"Sorry, but I really don't like Republic City." It was a bit to filthy for Amaya's likely. What with all the fumes and everything. She preferred Ba Sing Se. "Why don't you try asking one of the other customers for the money? That man over there is very rich, and generally very kind." she said, gesturing to the man she was talking about. He always came here and he usually tipped Amaya.

View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lei Tea Shop   

Back to top Go down

The Lei Tea Shop
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Four Nations :: The Earth Kingdom :: North Eastern Regions :: Ba Sing Se-
Jump to: