The Four Nations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Four Nations

78 years have passed since Avatar Korra saved Republic City. With a new villain arising what will happen?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chit Chat. [Cher]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Keeper

Keeper

Chit Chat. [Cher] Empty
PostSubject: Chit Chat. [Cher]   Chit Chat. [Cher] EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 12:53 am

`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.

Alder was pearched in a lower branch. He let his legs dangled off the sides of the trees the wind whipped around the city park moving the fields and trees with them. It was mid afternoon, his lunch break, and the warm summer day was refreshing from the training he had just endured. Since it was his day off he had extra training and finally taking a break for lunch was something he looked forward to. He left his katana sword hanging beside him in a tree branch.

He opened his take out box and picked through it with chopsticks searching for a piece of meat. He was enjoying his lunch so far, not worried about anything going on around him until a heavy wind blew past nearly causing him to lose his balance. After balancing himself and starting back on his lunch he noticed something stuck in the tree in front of him. He was such what it was so he ignored it for a while. The longer he waited the more it annoyed him he reached around him to get his katana. He was going to find out what that was.

`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.

Back to top Go down
scarlett

Chit Chat. [Cher] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit Chat. [Cher]   Chit Chat. [Cher] EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 1:38 am

Liang sat against a tree, reading. Her student had caught the flu, so she didn't have to teach today. Feeling a strong gust of wind blow against her hair, she wanted to tie her hair up, but couldn't find anything to tie her hair up with. She sighed, giving up and taking a few steps. She wasn't aware that there were people around her, her nose was buried in her book. Liang didn't realise that she was about to walk into the tree, and walked straight into the bark, scratching her forearms. She cursed under her breath, telling herself that she needed to be more alert about her surroundings. The girl slammed the book shut and dumped it in her basket along with the fruits she had just bought at the market. 

The girl was was wearing a blue dress, the colour very similar to the symbol of the water nation's. Liang gathered her hair and brushed it down her left shoulder, so it would be out of her way. It lasted for two seconds, then she tripped and dropped her two apples. Kneeling down, she felt clumsy and low. Back home, she didn't need to pick anything up. She didn't need to buy anything, nor did she have to do anything. Then again, she had to marry that man. The guy that she would do absolutely everything to not marry. Mostly because she hadn't met him yet. She wasn't willing to give him a chance, and ran away to Republic City before her parents could do anything about it, and she regretted nothing. 

Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

Chit Chat. [Cher] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit Chat. [Cher]   Chit Chat. [Cher] EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 1:57 am

Chit Chat. [Cher] Tumblr14

Just as he hooked the end of his sword into the object it fell onto the ground with a soft russel. "Gah. Stupid thing." He swung his legs over the branch and dropped to the ground, sword still in hand. It wasn't a normal site to see guys dropping from trees with swords out. He kneeled down to pick up the thing only to find it was a hat. A dark blueish hat with brown and grey markings that meant nothing to him. A small frown as he looked up only to see a girl a few feet in front of him. He looked at her for a moment trying to piece together when she had arrived but the thoughts slipped from his head. He studied the girl a moment. The way her dress was styled struck the thought of water bender into his head.

"Who're you?" The question was bold, and a little bit rude sounding. He didn't mean to be just that he was caught off guard at the thought of someone being around him in his peace. Suddenly he remembered he had his weapon out and quickly replaced it onto the holder on his back. He didn't look very dignified. He wore light grey tee shirt that had a deep v down his chest, baggy pants, a head band, and a pair of woren training shoes. His amber eyes gave him the look of fire nation nobilty. A look passed on through genes unlike his bending.

Back to top Go down
scarlett

Chit Chat. [Cher] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit Chat. [Cher]   Chit Chat. [Cher] EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 8:09 pm

Laing's eyes flared for a second. How dare he show disrespect? Didn't he k- That's right. Nobody knew who she was anymore. She was just a normal waterbender. She hated being normal. She hated being middle classed. She hated blending in. She was rich and powerful, but here, nobody respected her for it. It was very frustrating for her.

"More importantly, who are you?" she asked, demanding an answer from him first. It wasn't his place to ask who she was. She caught a glimpse of his eyes, and saw that they were a fiery amber. A colour that only firebenders had. However, she wasn't scared. She knew that water extinguished fire anyday. And that she would never be scared of a mere commoner. She told herself that she needed to stop judging him and give him an actual chance to prove himself, but she didn't have patience for whatever he wanted to do.

He seemed so... normal. It almost annoyed her. She was honestly caught in one of her moods. One of those times when she felt like stabbing everything that came in her path, or to kill everything in her way. She knew she couldn't, nor was she allowed to, but it was how she felt. And she could kill everything. Just in her thoughts, where she could never be prosecuted.

Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

Chit Chat. [Cher] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit Chat. [Cher]   Chit Chat. [Cher] EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 8:31 pm

Chit Chat. [Cher] Tumblr15

Watching her reaction was actually amusing to him, he could pick out the disbelief and anger the boiled under those blue eyes. Her question however was only meet with a smirk. 'She isn't going to do anything.' he told himself in his head. Seeing they were in the middle of a park it wouldn't be smart to attack, bender or not.

"Well. I have a name, only I asked for yours first." He shifted his weight to be centered a defensive stance incases something did happen. "You do have the manners to anwser such a question right?" He raised an eyebrow his jaw clenching at the pressure he used to be completely aware.

Alder could see something about her now that he watched her. He could see she wasn't in her element. This wasn't a place she was completely comfortable, unlike he who had been raised here his life. People from around her weren't nearly as on edge so quickly. He also wasn't sure if she could actually bend, he watched her expression and her shoulders. His muscels coiled in his left arm. He was prepared to defend himself if she snapped, but hopefully he could just play around.
Back to top Go down
scarlett

Chit Chat. [Cher] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit Chat. [Cher]   Chit Chat. [Cher] EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 9:28 pm

The brunette huffed, he did have a point, but she just didn't want to admit it. "I'm YueLiang Saito. Everyone calls me Liang. Now, I returned the question. Your name?" she asked him, crossing her arms over her chest. She was acting- no, was pretentious, and she didn't care what he thought. She felt awkward, realising that she was acting pretentious, but changing was going to be like letting him win. Liang stood there and tapped her foot impatiently, "Well...?" she asked him rudely. She wasn't going to be anymore patient with this guy than she was with everyone else,

Poop. This sucked. I'm so sorry D|
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

Chit Chat. [Cher] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit Chat. [Cher]   Chit Chat. [Cher] EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 9:40 pm

Chit Chat. [Cher] Tumblr16

Alder watched her for a moment and completely relaxed more. He shifted his weight again only to his left side, amber eyes now fouced on the hat he had found. "Liang huh?" His voice was relaxed also, he didn't feel she was a threat anymore, just annoyed. "Pretty... I'm Alder Adeku. Call me what you like." That name sounded familar. "I've heard that name before, Saito." He told her, surely she would reply.

He removed his head band and allowed his hair to fall more freely around his head, and stuffed it into the lose pockets of his pants.
Back to top Go down
scarlett

Chit Chat. [Cher] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit Chat. [Cher]   Chit Chat. [Cher] EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 2:09 am

At least the guy thought the name was familiar. It was a start. The brunette brushed her hair to her left shoulder, "Nice to meet you, Alder." she said in a formal tone. "My parents are wealthy people. And my family is made of 100% waterbenders. You've probably heard of them for being one of the richest families right now. I'm their only daughter." she told him. "The daughter who's hand in marriage they gave away before she was even born." she said darkly, under her breath. She didn't know why she was telling him all this. He was just a stranger. Why did she even tell him? He was probably going to take her back to her stupid home so he could collect the reward that her parents had put up for anyone who brought her back safely to what used to be her home. Now she had no ties with them. 

Liang pulled a strand of hair behind her ear and out of her face. The wind blew lightly at her back, causing her dress to flow slightly with the wind.  

Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

Chit Chat. [Cher] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit Chat. [Cher]   Chit Chat. [Cher] EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 2:28 am

Chit Chat. [Cher] Tumblr17

He watched her curiously listening to her story he knew things like this happened, royals and wealthy families often married off children just to make themselves richer. A frown deepened his face. "Well life is messed up, at least you got away from your parents rule." A tone of envy slipped into his words. He said searching his hands carefully. Plain, callioused, a workers hands. He looked up at her. Studing her again he smiled faintly. "Impressive for a rich girl though, I doubt you were raised to travel such a distence." He knew with bending the jorney would of been easier but he couldn't assume she was. Sure she came from a pureblood family of them but so had he as far as he knew.

Alder ran a hand through his hair as the wind made it fly into his eyes a bit. "Are they looking for you?" he asked carefully.
Back to top Go down
scarlett

Chit Chat. [Cher] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit Chat. [Cher]   Chit Chat. [Cher] EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 3:19 pm

Liang sighed. "Life is a crazy thing..." she said quietly. She raised an eyebrow at his comment. "Oh, and you would know how?" she asked with a little smirk on her lips. The guy was alright, maybe she would give him a chance after all. But first impressions meant a lot to her, and they were usually right, somehow. The girl's chocolate brown eyes darted around, looking around to fill in an awkward silence. She shifted uncomfortably on one foot, not knowing what to say. When she heard his question. Would he take her back to her parent's house if she said yes? Was he one of them who were assigned to find her? Was her time of freedom over? Was his nice act... all an act? She hoped not. But she had faith in herself, and she believe that she could get away from the stranger easily. Most people underestimated her.

"Yes, they're looking for me. They've also put up a reward. But I'm going back even if you were one of the people who were assigned to find me. I've gotten away from plenty of them." she said, half a warning, and half to brag.

Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

Chit Chat. [Cher] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit Chat. [Cher]   Chit Chat. [Cher] EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 3:35 pm

Chit Chat. [Cher] Tumblr18

He raised an eyebrow at her reply. "Well I have better things then to drag someone across the world for some money." He sat down under the tree leaning agaist the thick trunk. He patted the ground with a smile. "Anyways, I wouldn't take you back because you have to make your own choices, just don't go around telling everyone you have a bounty." He wondered why he was being trusted, he hardly knew her. Digging through his bag he pulled out a pear and rolled in his hands. The silence touched his nerves a little, what was she thinking. How often did people look for her, it must of be horriable to have your parents put you a leash. He knew the feeling of being restrained unfairly, but she was at an all new level.

"How long have you been here?" He asked interested to know. How long had she been running? He took a bite out of the pear eager to enjoy such sweetness.
Back to top Go down
scarlett

Chit Chat. [Cher] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit Chat. [Cher]   Chit Chat. [Cher] EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 2:44 pm

Liang almost snorted. "It's not like I'd ever go back to that place. I've been caught at least 5 times, I've gotten away each time." she said arrogantly.She thought for a bit, and realised that she had been here for two years now. Time passed very quickly. "I've been here for two years." She said, voicing her thoughts. He must pity. She could almost see it in his amber eyes. She hated pity, and she hated being looked down on. She suddenly felt quite thirsty, seeing him eat that pear. And she had a basket filled with fruits and veggies that she had just bought from the market. Along with the heat, she just felt uncomfortable. She didn't even think of actually eating an apple.

-Ihadfiveminutestowritethissodhjaskldf-
Back to top Go down
Keeper

Keeper

Chit Chat. [Cher] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit Chat. [Cher]   Chit Chat. [Cher] EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 7:50 pm

Chit Chat. [Cher] Tumblr19

He smirked a little. "You cocky aren't you?" He pretended to scold her but not even looking up as his ate his pear. Two years, that's long enough to get familer. "I was born here." He anwsered back, turning the pear by the stem, already half gone he looked back up at her. He noticed the basket now, she must've went shopping today. He probably needed to go the market later on, hopefully Honhi wasn't still upset about him knocking over his stand last week. Alder helped clean up, although he did snatch a piece of fruit. Snapping himself out of his thoughts he looked back over the skye. He could see the statue of Aang and the water the sparkled in water.
Back to top Go down
scarlett

Chit Chat. [Cher] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit Chat. [Cher]   Chit Chat. [Cher] EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 8:24 pm

She smiled a bit and shrugged, "Am I?" she asked. It was rhetorical, but she didn't really care whether he answered it or not. She took out an apple and took a small bite, politely chewing on it like the way that she was groomed all her life to do. "Are you a bender?" she asked him, wondering if he was a firebender or not. She was pretty convinced that he was, because his eyes stood out. It was the colour of a firebender's, or someone who's ancestry derived from the fire nation. She covered the groceries with a cloth once again, just so bugs didn't find refuge in her basket, then eating her fruits. She had only so much money. Not everyone could afford a tutor around here.

Liang looked up at the sky for a moment. It was a light blue; not a cloud in sight. The corners of her lips curled up into a small smile, something that didn't happen everyday. She felt free, and looking up at the clear sky, with the sun shining, she felt good. She felt free and away from the control of her parents that she had done so much to get away from. She could remember all the hardships that she had gone through just to get here, and it made her smile, because honestly, who wouldn't?

YAAAAY. Decent post xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chit Chat. [Cher] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chit Chat. [Cher]   Chit Chat. [Cher] Empty

Back to top Go down

Chit Chat. [Cher]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Four Nations :: United Republic of Nations :: Republic City :: Republic City Park-
Jump to: